Lost & Found Pets

In the City of West St. Paul, to report a lost pet or report a found dog in your possession, call 651-322-2323.

Impounded Animals

Your pet may have been picked up by the West St. Paul Animal Control.  Refer to the section Impounded Animals.

  • If your pet is wearing their West St. Paul pet license tag, the police will notify the owner.
  • After a certain amount of time, unclaimed pets they feel are adoptable, are listed on a Facebook account set up by the South St. Paul Animal Hospital staff, to try and find good homes, or rescue groups for the animals.

Other Resources

  • If your dog is found in Mendota Heights, that city contracts with 4 Paws Animal Control: 952-894-9065. 
    • They are located at 12848 Chestnut Blvd., Shakopee, MN 55379-9317
  • America's National Lost and Found Pet Database

  • Animal Ark No-Kill Shelter - Minnesota-based animal welfare organization.
    • General inquiries: 651-772-8983, option #2
  • Animal Humane Society - Lost and Found Pets
    1. Animal Humane Society (Ramsey County location): 651-645-7387
      • They are located at 1115 Beulah Lane, St. Paul, MN 55108-2602 
    2. Animal Humane Society (Woodbury location): 651-730-6008
      • They are located at 9785 Hudson Road, Woodbury, MN 55125-9413
  • Minnesota Humane Society - Lost and Found
    • A state-wide education advocacy and rescue organization for animals. They do not operate a shelter, but instead work closely with area no-kill rescue groups. They are a resource for many different animal issues.  They are located at 475 Cleveland Ave. N, Suite 100B, Saint Paul, MN 55104.
    • Call 651-665-9311, then:
      • Press 1: If you've lost a dog
      • Press 2: If you've lost a cat
      • Press 3: If you've found an animal