Wildlife, Waterfowl & Fishing in WSP


See the following city Ordinances regarding wildlife:

For questions about wildlife in the city, call 651-322-2323 and ask for the West St. Paul Animal Control.

Nuisance Wildlife

City ordinance definition: 92.09 Feeding Waterfowl (B) Definitions. NUISANCE WILDLIFE.

Minnesota Humane Society / Wildlife Resources and Solutions:
  • If you have a wildlife problem or a wild animal in need of medical care, call 651-665-9311 and press 6.
Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (MNDNR) / Living with Wildlife:  651-296-6157, TYY: 651-296-5484

Animal Humane Society / Wildlife Resources 


 Refer to city ordinance: 92.09 Feeding Waterfowl 


 - The following 2 lakes in the City of West St. Paul can be fished:
  • Marthaler Lake, located in the city's Marthaler Park at 1625 Humboldt Ave., does not have a dock.  For further questions, call the West St. Paul Parks & Recreation Department at 651-552-4150.
  • Thompson Lake, located in Thompson County Park at 360 Butler Ave. E., has a dock. For further questions, call Dakota County Parks at 952-891-7000.
Persons would need to follow appropriate Minnesota State Fishing Rules and Regulations to fish these two lakes.