The City Code of the City of West St. Paul, Minnesota, is published online as a convenience to citizens and the business community. Although every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the material published online, the only official edition of the City Code is the printed version maintained by the City Clerk. Note that the City Council may have made amendments, additions, or deletions to the City Code subsequent to the latest online version of the Code.
The formatting and pagination of this web version of the City Code may vary from the official hard copy of the Code. This web version of the City Code is provided for informational purposes only and may not reflect all of, or the most current, legislation that has been passed. Prior to any action being taken, please consult the City Clerk for any ordinances that have been enacted that are not contained in this web version. In case of any discrepancy between this web version and the official ordinances, the official ordinances prevail.
Newly Adopted Ordinances
The following ordinances have been adopted by the City Council but are not included in the City Code. Currently, the newly adopted ordinances are included (codified) into the City Code once per year.
The following ordinances will be included in the December 2019 codification:
- 19-03 Vacating Public Storm Sewer Easement Located Within the City of West St. Paul, Minnesota
- 19-04 Amending Sections 72.05 and 92.02 of the West St. Paul City Code Regarding Temporary Parking Signs
- 19-05 Amending West St. Paul Ordinance 04-05 Regarding the Franchise Agreement with Xcel Energy for an Electric Distribution System
- 19-06 Granting to Northern States Power Company, a Minnesota Corporation, its Successors and Assigns, Permission to Erect a Gas Distribution System for the Purpose of Constructing, Operating, Repairing and Maintaining in the City of West St. Paul, Minnesota, the Necessary Gas Pipes, Mains and Appurtenances for the Transmission or Distribution of Gas to the City and its Inhabitants and Others and Transmitting Gas Into and Through the City and to Use the Public Grounds of the City for Such Purposes
- 19-07 Amending Section 34.07 of the West St. Paul City Code Regarding the Electric Utility Tax
- 19-08 Enacting Section 34.08 of the West St. Paul City Code Regarding the Gas Franchise Fee
- 19-09 Amending Section 94.18 Regarding Unsheltered Storage, Junk, and Inoperable or Abandoned Motor Vehicles
- 19-10 Enacting Section 34.08 of the West St. Paul City Code Regarding a Sales & Use Tax
- 19-11 Amending Section 110.07 of the West St. Paul City Code Regarding License Term for Dog(s) and Cat(s)
- 19-12 Amending Section 133.01 (F) of the West St. Paul City Code Regarding Refuse Hauling and Recycling Collection
- 19-13 Amending Section 50.08 of the West St. Paul City Code Regarding the Prohibited Discharge of Clear Water Drainage and Sump Pumps
- 19-14 Providing for the Vacation of a Right-of-Way by Ordinance Pursuant to City Code
- 19-15 Amending Section 113.05 and 113.07 of the West St. Paul City Code Regarding Tobacco Sales to Persons Under the Age of 21 (final pending)
- 19-16 Amending West St. Paul Zoning Ordinance Sections 153.004, 153.051 and 153.171 by Defining Banquet Halls and Allowing Them in the R1 and B3 Districts
- 19-17 Rezoning 938 Robert Street from B5 - Gateway North Mixed Use to PRD, Planned Residential Development, with B5 - Gateway North Mixed Use Underlying Zoning