What do I need to do for the inspection?
Schedule an inspection online here or by calling 651-552-4153. An adult must be present during the inspection. Clear a five-foot area around the vertical stack sewer clean out to give the inspector room to work. The inspector will televise your sanitary sewer service out to the City sewer main, check your sump pump discharge system, and check for roof drains/leaders.

The inspection involves televising the sanitary sewer service out of the City sewer main (to identify cracks and leaks) and checking the sump pump discharge system and roof drains and leaders (to identify improper connections to the sanitary sewer system).

Property owners will be given a copy of the inspection report which identifies specific areas of non-compliance and will include enough information to solicit bids for the repairs.

Show All Answers

1. What is Inflow and Infiltration (I/I or I&I)
2. Why is I/I a problem?
3. Who is subject to an I/I Inspection?
4. What do I need to do for the inspection?
5. How do I know if I'm compliant?
6. How long is an I/I Compliance Certificate good for?