Rental License Application, Inspections, & Density Map
Rental renewal notices will be mailed and/or emailed two months prior to your property's renewal date. (Notices were mailed to the mailing address as indicated on the most recent rental application). Please contact 651-552-4133 if you did not receive a renewal notice.
Penalty Fees - Renewal Applications
There will be penalty fees, as follows, if the completed renewal application is not received at City Hall by the assigned property renewal date:
- 1-30 days after renewal date: 50% of license fee, in addition to the license fee
- 60 days after renewal date: 50% of license fee, in addition to the license fee + administrative citation with a $500 fine for renting the property without a license
- Dakota County information on evictions and unlawful detainer actions
- Fair Housing and tenant rights information
- Minnesota Multi Housing Association (MHA)
- Eviction Information, Leasing Information & Forms, Educational Classes & Literature, Hotline for Landlords
For information on the rental licensing program, please call 651-552-4133.
For information on inspection requirements, please call 651-552-4136.
For information on the STAR program or background checks, please call 651-552-4235.