Business License


Applications for each of the following license types, and information about each license, are available from Bryan Byrd / Licensing Specialist. Email: or phone 651-552-4133.

Amusement Amusement Devices

  • Carnival
  • Gambling

Commercial Service Activities

  • Fireworks
  • Massage Therapy Business/Personal
  • Pawnbroker
  • Precious Metal Dealer
  • Second Hand Dealer
  • Peddler, Solicitor and Transient Merchants
  • Rubbish Hauler
  • Sexually Oriented
  • Tattoo/Body Art
  • Tobacco
  • Intoxicating THC Product Retailer

Motor Vehicle Related

Other Businesses

  • Courtesy Bench

Special Events

  • Consumption and Display Permit
  • Live Entertainment

Liquor Licenses

  • On-Sale
  • Off-Sale
  • Wine
  • Temporary - 1 to 4 Day Temporary On-Sale Liquor License
  • 3.2 Malt Liquor On-Sale
  • 3.2 Malt Liquor Off-Sale
  • Brew Pub/Taproom


  • Dangerous Animal
  • Potentially Dangerous Animal
  • Special Permit - Exceeding Number of Animals Allowed

Cannabis Licensing

A new law enacted at the end of the 2023 legislative session legalizes adult–use cannabis in Minnesota and establishes a regulatory framework over the cannabis industry. The law establishes a new "Office of Cannabis Management” that will release applications, issue licenses, and develop regulations outlining how and when businesses can participate in the new adult-use industry in Minnesota. Over the coming months, the new state agency will develop the regulatory framework for legal adult cannabis, and establish processes and timelines to apply for licenses.